Thursday, 26 March 2015

He's here !

He is 7+ Weeks now :)

I wanted to write about my delivery to the lil Luq for quite sometime but just couldnt find the time.
It was not easy to handle a toddler and a baby even with the help from my mom !

I dont know how my mom did it last time, without TV and Ipad :)

So here goes.

On 2nd of Feb 2015,

I told my hubby in the afternoon that after Maghrib prayers I wanted to go to the hospital.
The baby moving lesser and lesser for the past few days and I spotted the mucus plug.
We leave Fea with her grandmother.

The moment we reached the hospital's carpark, I felt a gush of water running down.
Oh my, my water broke.My skirt was soaking wet.
We found a wheelchair near the lift, I sat on it and my husband pushed me straight to the delivery suite.

The same nurse that was with me during the delivery of lil fea was working that night and she still recognized us. (I was in the labour room for 3 days that time. HAHA)
We settled in.
The nurse did a VE and I was 3cm dilated.
I didn't feel a thing.

My Gynae came in at about 9pm and asking whether I need an epidural.
I started to feel the contraction by that time and it getting stronger and I was at 3cm.
Of course I need an epidural.

So she arranged for an anesthetist.

The contraction keep on getting stronger and I was all uhhh----ahhhh.
practicing the breathing technique.
Initially, it worked ! but after sometimes, I can't handle it anymore.

Everytime the nurses came in to check on me, I asked for the epidural.

At last the anesthetist came.
He explained the procedures but I couldn't be bothered.
I just want that happy-dural!. HAHAHAHA

When everything complete, he said that within 15-20 minutes,
The pain will go away, 80% of it. I still need to feel the contraction in order for me to push later on.

20minutes passed. I can still feel the contraction and it was even more painful.
I was half screaming. It was so painful at the pelvic area. and I was about to push.
At that time, I was only 5cm dilated.

The anesthetist suggested that I took Spinal block.
It was the first time I heard it...but whatever.
Give it to me I told him.

He did warned me that I got a very high dose of pain relief for this delivery.
But what can I do ? :(

Immediately, I felt all the pain go away.
I can breath normally again.

when I was about to rest...I shivered.
I can't stop my shoulders to shivers. and it was a strong one.
It was like, the contractions now moved to the shoulders.

I was told that it was a side effects and nothing that I can do but to just faced it.
I started to vomit later on.
I was not allowed to eat, but I have some kurma to give me some energy.

With the constant strong shivers that I feel all over my shoulder and hands,
I cant sleep. I cant even type anything on my phone to update my friends. HAHA.
So it was a boring 3-4 hours, hubby was half awake beside me.
I didn't want to bother him so much though he could hear my body shaking uncontrolably

Actually, I cant really remember the deets anymore.
I'm aging. HAHAHA

But at 3am, i started to feel pain at the pelvic area.
I called the nurse an my opening was at 9cm.
She thought me how to push.

The baby wasn't coming down yet.
So I keep on pushing every 20minutes.

at around 4.30pm the pain getting stronger and I demand a doctor to come and see my condition.
I`m so ready to push.
But she was busy, at about 5.00 am she came in.

She could already see the baby's head.
and I pushed whenever i feel the contraction coming.
After multiples pushes, the baby came out.
I ddint have episiotomy, but only a lil tear.
A big achievement as compared to my last pregnancy. HAHA

Lil Luq surely has a very strong voice.
After the nurse took him away to clean and do some inspection,
We could hear his voice loud and clear from our room :)
his temp at that time was almost 40degree celcius.
But gradually decline when i started breastfeeding him.

He has tongue tied so breastfeeding is very difficult.
My nipple bleed, however i managed to breastfeed him exclusively for 1 week,
throughout our stay in the Hospital due to the jaundice he has.

He was put under phototheraphy on 2nd day and a surgeon do the frenotomy for the tongue tie on his 5th day (7.02.15)

So, that's all.

I`m still struggling actually with the 2 kids.
I'm not doing my best especially on the breastfeeding department.
Most of the time, I feel down but I try to be positive.

Nevertheless, I`m very thankful with the experiences, be it good or bad :)

our last outing with lil Fea before she gets a lil bro.

Our lil hero :)

No comments:

Post a Comment